Talks and presentations
Recent and upcoming invited talks
Canterbury 2008; Coordination of Agents KCL 2008; Dublin 2009; Gothenburg 2009; Osnabrück 2009; Newcastle 2009; POETICON ILSP-Athens 2009; Incrementality and Dialogue: Bielefeld 2009; SemDial 2010 satellite workshop: Intentions in dialogue; INTERACTION2016 workshop, Ghent, June 2016; University of the Basque Country – Workshop on Lexical Meaning, Nov 2016; Invited talk at the Centre for Linguistic Theory and Studies in Probability, University of Gothenburg, March, 2017; ESSLLI 2017; SemPrE, Düsseldorf, Oct 2017; Invited talk at the Centre for Linguistic Theory and Studies in Probability, UC; Invited talk at the Philosophy Department, University of Gothenburg, March, 2019; Invited keynote speaker: 3rd DS conference
- Malta, 16-17 May 2019.
LAGB 2003; 2006, 2008; SEMDIAL 2007, 2008, 2009 2010; DGfS 2008; Utterance Interpretation and Cognitive Models II 2008; EACL 2009; SFB833-Linguistic Evidence 2010; LAGB i-mean 2011, IPrA 2011; BICLCE 2017.
- Ruth Kempson, Julian Hough, Christine Howes, Matthew Purver, Patrick G.T. Healey, Arash Eshghi, and Eleni Gregoromichelaki (2019) Why natural language models must be partial and shifting: a Dynamic Syntax with Vector Space Semantics perspective. At IWCS 2019 Workshop Vector Semantics for Discourse and Dialogue, May 2019
- Kempson, R., Howes, C., Eshghi, A., Hough, J. & Gregoromichelaki, E (2019). "Reflections on language, cognition, normativity and evolution". In: The third Dynamic Syntax conference, Malta, May, 2019.
- Kempson, R., Gregoromichelaki E., Howes, C. (2018). "Language as an Adaptive Tool for Interaction: A Niche Effect or a Radical Departure?" 2nd Dynamic Syntax Conference, Edinburgh April 2018
- Kempson, R., Gregoromichelaki E., Howes, C. (2018). "Grammars as affordances for interaction: towards an evolutionary tale." Workshop on Dialogue and Perception 2018, CLASP, Gothenburg University.
- Gregoromichelaki, E., and Kempson, R. (2016) Language as Process and Practice: developing a grammar for interaction. At: 37th Annual Meeting, Department of Linguistics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki May 12-14, 2016.
- Gregoromichelaki, E. and Kempson, R. (2016). Language as mechanisms for interaction: The case of "compound utterances". Conference: Semantics and Philosophy in Europe 8 (SPE 8), 17-19 September, 2016, Newnham College, Cambridge.
- Chatzikyriakidis, S., Gregoromichelaki, E. and Kempson, R. (2015) "Modelling shared constraints in language and music: polyrhythm processing in Dynamic Syntax." Presented at the Shared Mechanisms in Language and Music – What Neurocognition and Disorders Reveal workshop, SMART Cognitive Science Conference, Amsterdam, March 2015
- Kempson, R., Gregoromichelaki, E., Howes, C. (2015) Language as processes for interaction. Poster presented at the EPS workshop Language in context: An ecological turn to embodied language in January 2015, Institute for Multimodal Communication, UCL London.
- Chatzikyriakidis, S., Gregoromichelaki, E. and Kempson, R. (2015) "Language as a set of mechanisms for interaction." Invited talk at the Interactive Meaning Construction workshop, 11th International Conference on Computational Semantics (IWCS), London, April 2015
- Kempson R., Gregoromichelaki, E. and Chatzikyriakidis, S. (2012). "Joint Utterances in Greek and English: Implications for Linguistic Modelling." Paper presented at the 33rd Annual Meeting of the Department of Linguistics of Aristotle University, April 2012
- Kempson R., Cann, R., Gregoromichelaki, E. (2010) "The Challenge of Split Utterances for Syntax and Compositionality." Formal Semantics Workshop (6-8 July 2010, Westport), Ireland.
- Kempson, R., Cann, R. Gregoromichelaki, E. (2010). "Language as Systems for On-line Concept Construction" Presented at the CSMN workshop on word meaning, Oslo Conference on Word Meaning, September 2nd & 3rd, 2010.
- Cann, R., Kempson R., Gregoromichelaki, E. (2010) "Dynamic Syntax: Language Processing Dynamics and Linguistic Knowledge." Paper presented at the Formal vs. Processing Explanations in Syntax Workshop, York, UK.
- Kempson R., Gregoromichelaki, E. Cann, R. (2010) "The Challenge of Split Utterances for Contextualism and Compositionality." Paper presented at the Paris Conference on Contextualism and Compositionality, Institut Jean Nicod, May 17-20 2010 (19/05/10).
- Kempson, R., Gregoromichelaki, E., Howes, C., Sato, Y., Gargett, A., (2008) "At the Syntax-Pragmatics Interface: The Dynamics of Dialogue Interaction" Cog Sci group, University of Sussex, Oct 2008.